Since my middle school years, I had been interested in learning English. My interests and skills -and the encouragement of my English teacher who was also my advisory teacher back then- led me chose English Intensive Education at high school.
While my friends and family were assuming that I would go on this field, I realized that my main interest was interior design. I used to spend hours and hours on Pinterest, exploring the world of architecture with excitement.
In 2016, I was accepted to the Interior Architecture and Environmental Design program in the Faculty of Fine Arts and Design at Izmir University of Economics. Thanks to my background, I successfully passed the English Proficiency Exam and started my major without losing any semester.
One year later, I began my minor in Visual Communication Design. I believe, the presentation of the design is as important as the design itself. That was my motivation to do my minor in a two-dimensional design discipline.
As a result of my internships in various departments during my university time, I had discovered my interest and ability in sales and marketing within the design field. For this reason, I believe, I will be successful in a position where I can contact the customer directly and sell the products with the help of my experiences and educational background.
Although I am a very compatible member of teamwork, I also have the responsibility to be a leader and make decisions in case of necessity.
In August 2020, I have finished my education life by getting my Interior Architecture and Environmental Design diploma and my Visual Communication Design certificate.
By March 2021, I have just started working at Uzaq Home as a Project-Based Sales Representative. That was my dream job considering my interests and skills.
Uzaq Home | Konak, Izmir | Project Representative | March 2021 - Present
- Presenting, promoting and selling products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandising strategy.
- Creating appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the entire store.
- Changing displays to promote new product launches and reflect festive or seasonal themes.
- Performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Achieving agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinating sales effort with team members and other departments.
IKEA | Bornova, Izmir | 2019 | Communication & Interior Designer Intern (40 workdays)
- Designing, planing and creating functional, inspiring and highly commercial home furnishing solutions with layout to scale.
- Creating inspirational mood board or collage, sketching ideas, drawing plans, details and elevations with AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Maintaining a close cooperation with colleagues in the sales and in-store logistics departments.
- Physically implementing plans and display the products around the store.
Intertek Construction | Acıbadem, Istanbul | 2018 | Site Architect Intern (20 workdays)
- Planning and coordinating all technical aspects of the project.
- Keeping within budgets and timelines.
- Checking on the project status and report on the project.
B&Q Koçtaş | Balçova, Izmir | 2018 | Style & Sales Consultant Intern (20 workdays)
- Helping customers by responding to the inquiries.
- Provided in-store consultation for customers regarding achieving their dream-places by guiding them to buy necessary items.
- Helping team members label products, unload merchandise and stock, replenish, organize the inventory room.
Aga Wood Products | Buca, Izmir | 2017 | Machine Operator Intern (20 workdays)
- Understanding of how operated machine works.
- Operating specialty machinery to fabricate and manufacture the products.
- Maintaining and monitor machine to make sure it functions properly.
Izmir University of Economics | 2016-2020 | Fine Arts and Design Faculty
- Major in Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
- Minor in Visual Communication Design
Mustafa Kemal High School | 2012-2016 | Foreign Languages
- English and German Intensive Education
Mentoring Project | 2018 | Izmir University of Economics
Consultancy of volunteer senior students in many subjects from knowing the department to determining goals, supporting freshman student's abilities; acquiring social, cultural, academic and professional equipment and guidance services.
Basics of Photography | 2014 | Karanlık Oda Photography
Understanding the DSLR camera and how to produce better pictures with it. Learning the basics like exposure, focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO and more.
Adobe After Effects
Turkish | Native Speaker
English | Excellent Command
German | Good Command